- Passengers who believe they have a valid complaint against an airline regarding denied boarding, downgrading, cancellation or long delay to a given flight should first submit such a complaint to the airline operating the flight concerned. For that purpose, a complaint form may be used. Please keep a copy of the form for your records.
- Should the airline fail to provide you with a reply within 8 weeks of receipt or, if you are not satisfied with their reply, the EU complaint form (a copy of the original form sent to the airline if used) should be sent to the national enforcement body in the Member State where the incident took place.
- If the incident took place at an airport of departure outside the EU, you may contact the national enforcement body in the Member State of flight destination.
- This complaint form is to be used only for cases concerned with denied boarding incident, downgrading, cancellation, or long delay of a flight.
- For any other complaint types such as baggage claims, flight schedule changes made more than 14 days in advance of your travel date or ticketing issues, these too should be submitted first to the airline concerned. Should you not receive a reply, or if you are not satisfied with the reply, the European Consumer Centres in any Member State of the EU can be contacted for further advice.
- Please fill in the form in block capital letters.
Filing of applications by delegates
In the event that a person or body is authorised by the passenger to submit an application, the delegate must enclose with the application form:
- an authorisation bearing the signature of the passenger if the application is sent by mail or
- a scanned authorisation, together with a photocopy of the passenger’s passport, if the application is sent by e-email or
- an authorisation in electronic format signed with a secure electronic signature based on a qualified certificate.
If the application is not accompanied by the authorisation, the Agency will reject the application.
Link to template: https://transport.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-11/eu_complaint_form_en.pdf