Approved training organisations (ATO)
List of approved training organisations (ATO)
The CAA ensures continuous oversight of approved training organisations (flight schools) in the Republic of Slovenia. The oversight focuses on proper conduct of all approved training courses, implementation of learning objectives and training requirements, and adequacy of facilities and personnel.
All approved training organisations shall perform their training in accordance with Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011, which provides all requirements for organisation management and training programs for the acquisition of all types of licences, from light aircraft pilot licence to airline transport pilot licence.
The oversight of ATOs comprises:
- Initial certification procedure for new training organisations
- Oversight of training organisations
- Sampling of lessons and training flights
- Checking and approving responsible personnel
- Verifying adequacy of operational and training manuals
- Monitoring of changes (instructors, fleet, training locations)