Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Application form for the performance of aviation activities with unmanned aircraft systems (statement form from Annex 2 of the Decree)
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF AVIATION ACTIVITIES
- Application for the approval to derogate from rules of the air
Decree of unmanned aircraft systems, published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia on 29.7.2016 and applied from the 15th day following that of its publication, and the Corrigendum to the Decree of unmanned aircraft systems, published on 16.12.2016
The decree governs the area of “model building” and the area of aviation activities.
A FULL LIST OF REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS AND DIRECTIONS
- Decree of unmanned aircraft systems (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia No 52/2016) and Corrigendum to the decree of unmanned aircraft systems
- Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) to the Decree of unmanned aircraft systems
- — >Annex 1 to AMC - Manoeuvres and tolerance to satisfactory flying skills.
- Operations Manual template
- Maintenance programme
- Criteria and instructions for checks and maintenance of batteries
- Battery Log
- Periodic checks of the battery
- Weather - GAFOR instruction
- Restricted areas for drone operations (interactive graphical representation of prohibited areas)
* PROCEDURE FOR THE ACQUISITION OF THE CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT/PERMIT FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF AVIATION ACTIVITIES
* For flying according to the “model building flight rules” no application (statement form from Annex 2 of the Decree) needs to be submitted.
To perform aviation activities, certain tasks need to be carried out before submitting the application.
Four categories of aviation activities (A, B, C, D) have been defined. For categories A and B, the procedure is as follows:
- determine the category according to the take-off operation mass and flight areas (Annex 1 of the Decree);
- check all operational and technical requirements of Annex 4 and Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) to the Decree of unmanned aircraft systems;
- fulfill all operational and technical requirements and other requirements provided for by the Decree, e.g. identification in accordance with Article 9 of Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) to the Decree of unmanned aircraft systems;
- acquire sufficient knowledge and competence in the above areas for safe performance of activity and correct completion of the statement;
- submit a correctly and fully completed statement form when the above requirements are met by
- mail or
- e-mail to adress: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- acquire confirmation of receipt from the Agency;
- start with the performance of activities;
- prior to the activity notify the Agency using the form ANOUNCEMENT OF AVIATION ACTIVITIES;
- anticipate continuous oversight by the Agency.
For categories C and D, the operator shall produce the Operations Manual. For category D, a permit is issued by the Agency instead of the confirmation of receipt, and additional evidence needs to be attached to the Application form in accordance with Article 19 of the Decree.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ACQUISITION OF DEROGATION FROM RULES OF THE AIR
- The operator submits an application on the prescribed form. The operator is expected to comply with the current Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM) to the Decree of unmanned aircraft systems.
- An operator may start to apply the derogation from rules of the air when it:
- receives the Agency’s approval to derogate from rules of the air and
- fulfills all conditions laid down in the Decree, AMC and GM and keeps the record of them in accordance with the requirements (in particular, training of pilots).
- Prior to the submission of an application, the operator shall have at least one pilot who fulfills the “entry requirements” and “the required flight hours with the operator” in the field of “training” from the respective Annex (Annexes AMC and GM 2, 3, 4).
- ‘Dedicated training” laid down by the Annexes may be carried out after the receipt of the approval to derogate from rules of the air.
- Each pilot must conclude the training from the Annexes before starting to apply the derogation in the operator’s activities.
- The operator monitors amendments to AMC and GM and adjusts its operations to current regulations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) AND ANSWERS (in preparation)