The ANS sector performs professional tasks regulated by the Aviation Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 81/10 — official consolidated text and 46/16) and EU legislation.
The air navigation services division functions as the competent authority that acts in conformity with European regulations, and is independent from air navigation service providers (ANSPs). It exercises its powers impartially and transparently.
Slovenia has two certified air navigation services providers:
- The public company Slovenia Control, Ltd, certified to provide:
- Air Traffic Services (ATS),
- Aeronautical Information Services (AIS),
- Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Services (CNS).
- Slovenian Environment Agency, certified to provide aviation meteorology services (MET).
The administrative area covers the following fields of activity:
- licensing and oversight of air navigation service providers, i.e. air traffic services (ATS); aeronautical information services (AIS), communication, navigation and surveillance services (CNS) and meteorological services (MET);
- licensing and oversight of aviation and other professional staff in air navigation services;
- licensing and oversight of training organisations;
- management of search and rescue operations (SAR);
- monitoring of occurrences in civil aviation;
- safety oversight of changes to functional systems;
- approval of procedures and exemptions associated with ANS.